Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scout

As a Sophomore on a high school football team, you have one job: Get the team ready for Friday night. You know that unless you are a prodigy athlete, you have about a 1% chance of playing, on a good day. Through practice all week, you run the plays and defensive schemes of the opposing team and in return you get to dress out with the varsity and be a part of a team. For me, this is a fine reward. The team i play for has had an incredible amount of success this year with a final regular season record of 9-1( the one loss, a heart breaker to a huge rival) and a recent first round playoff victory. Being a part of this has been one of the most fun things I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Having to run the scout team is small price to ask, in exchange to witness such teamwork and leadership. Aside from being last in line for everything, being a sophomore is not as bad as some outsiders see it.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I love this. And I love your spirit, enthusiasm and dedication. I have learned so much from you about all of this.

It's been a great, fun season -- for me, anyway -- and we'll all be a little sad when it's over.